Saturday, July 05, 2008

Inside/Outside with Boys and Men...

So I now live in an apartment building, and while I've only met and talked to one of my neighbors, I know the are others. I know a number of them are men, because I can hear them... In the hall, shouting back and forth... Sounds like a perfectly friendly conversation, just that they don't seem to know the difference between Inside/Outside voice Now I kind of expect and understand this from my five year old nephew, but fully grown men?!

I think back, and admittedly I remembering being able to clear a path out front Grand Central, by looking like the big bad man in black and just thundering... But talking to my neighbor in the hall? And just when did all that yelling, because that's what they are doing, become something I'd even notice? Oh, wait, I know the answer to part of that... All those years having Earl yell AT me for just being alive...

But really, I don't ever remember being all that loud... It's bizarre... To me at least.

No comments: