Friday, September 29, 2006

A Real, Live, Lit from within, Woman!!!

Today I went into RMV to start the process of getting all new paperwork, or at least a photo ID that actually represented ME!!! Today after filling out the right paperwork and four lines, I reached the checkout window where a new ID Photo would be taken. For any number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I'm moving and the state I'm in requires a three month wait to get a drivers license, and then a year as a conditional driver, I'm waiting until I move. My new state issues real drivers licenses to adults and will allow all the tests to be taken the same day!

In any case, I have my paperwork checked at three different lines, each one saying thank you Miss, you can go to window so an so. I finally get to the fourth line, and the woman there is entering my information and she looks up, obviously confused, and says; "I'm sorry Miss, there is a typo on your birth certificate, and because of the new laws I'm going to have to list you as MALE unless, or until, you get this corrected. . ." She looks at all the paperwork again, and then, still looking confused says; "Unless you . . . Um . . . Changed? If you have a surgical letter showing that you've . . ." So I handed her the letter from my surgeon and she says; "Wow, I honestly thought this was a typo, you look amazing!"

We chatted while she finished my paperwork, she took my money, and my picture, and a few moments later I had my NEW ID. My picture, my vital statistics, everything and miracle of miracles I look good! Who knew? A DMV photo that looks good, though I forgot to put on lip gloss . . . Best of all, I'm ever more listed as the CORRECT gender!!! I'm beaming in the picture, almost, no, "really lit from within" the glow of happiness real and obvious!!!

No comments: