Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life, or something like it.

I'm going to cover a few things in here. May even flesh them out in their own more detailed posts later. For now, I feel like I've been neglecting my blog, my readers, and I guess myself. Why myself? Because enjoy writing. All recent evidence to the contrary.

Waiting is: For Fullness.

Okay, yes, this is right out of Stranger in a Strange land. One of my all time favorite books. It is however also very true.

My life has been a series of journeys, some happening concurrently. One of those has been surviving domestic violence, recovering from the harm done to me, and building a new life. One that hopefully will not be a repeat of the past. Parts of it however have been so much like starting over that it's more like having appeared fully grown and 40 something years old out of thin air and everything that means. Like having a higher car insurance premium for the last three years. MUCH higher. I've been paying well over a thousand a year for a car that I don't drive that often. No history of any accidents, tickets, nothing. No history of having been a licensed driver for decades either. Also, no credit history. Not a bad one, NONE! Like I'd never existed. So, my rates have been REALLY high.

Well it's been three years that I've been driving without so much as a warning on my record, not even a parking ticket. Three years of fighting the conundrum of not being able to get credit unless you already HAVE credit. Three years of being a good girl, paying my bills, and working slowly toward not being punished for having to save my own life.

Today, the insurance company I've had since day one cut my rate by more than half! I just took a huge bite out of my budget. Waiting IS they say. Well the waiting has paid off. Now I have three years of a perfect driving record, a real credit history that is in the good range and have "proven" that I'm NOT a high risk to the insurance company. Which of course is saving me a thousand dollars a year on car insurance.

So I'm a happy girl. I exist on paper, I have a history I've worked hard to build, one I've been protecting. I'm no longer a high risk for the insurance company. I have credit. And, my monthly budget just got a much needed infusion of cash. Woot!

Okay, I said I was going to cover multiple topics, but honestly I think I'm done for now. I want to end this entry on a high note. So, here goes: "LA a note to follow so!"

No comments: