Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year Resolutions for 2009

  1. I resolve to take more pictures this year, at least one decent one a month, and to have all y'all suffer through them. ;-o)I need that part of my life back. I want to be more creative again and let that energy flow into, through and out of me.
  2. I resolve to further improve my diet, cutting a little bit of carbs back in favor of more protein. Nothing insane mind you, but much healthier.
  3. I resolve to walk more, at least five miles a week, be it inside or outside, and work my way up slowly from there.
  4. I resolve that 2009 will be the year I get everything out of storage, to sort, sell, donate or just throw away.
  5. I resolve that 2009 will be the year I start a memoir in the hopes it will let other women know that domestic violence IS something one can survive.
  6. I resolve to have more fun and laughter in my life!
  7. I resolve to dance more.
  8. I resolve to love and laugh more.
  9. I resolve to do more body sculpting in 2009 than I did in 2008.
So that's what I can think of at the moment. Reasonable, reachable, "realistic" goals to keep. I want to be able to use the word Progress in a sentence about 2009 when it's time for the wrap party! So on the subject of being more creative, I need to head over to the Marina and take some measurements for the custom lift and cabinet I'm designing for my brothers boat. It's gonna be cool. Hit a button and his 52 inch HDTV rises up out of the cabinet. They normally sell for at least five hundred dollars and up. The one I've designed in my head is probably going to be under 200 dollars when all is said and done.

Hope everyone's first day of '09 is wonderful!

2 comments:

alan said...

At my advanced age I've given up on long lists of resolutions...

So my one and only for this year is to try and become a better person.

With all these wonderful influences I keep finding it should be an easy one!

Influences like you!

alan

Samantha Shanti said...

To be sure, I picked things I know I could and should do. So technically I cheated a wee bit. You're doing a great job on becoming a better person, so stick to it, it's working great so far. As they say, if it ain't broke . . .

Thank you Alan for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

Sam