Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bosniacs reward is in heaven...

Okay, first things first, if you are reading this and you or someone you know and love, or even care about is Trans, then please donate something to the special page for the community to make our voice heard.

https://actblue.com/page/trans

This is a historic opportunity to show that we are not an insignificant cross section of the population. There are by latest statistics, real ones, based on science and mathematics, at least several hundred thousand Trans folks in the US. If we figure at a high end, one in 3000 people are Trans to some degree, that's over 126,500 people in the us today.

As far as women who've already had surgery, let's look at it this way. Low end figure of two hundred surgeries a year for each of the top six surgeons in North America alone, over the last ten years, that's TWELVE THOUSAND women who have more than a passing connection to the Trans community. If each of us gives 10 dollars, that's at least 120,000 dollars. If 126,500 people each give ten dollars, well you get the idea.

It's not too late to give, so stop and and give something for a shot at hope! I haven't been this involved in an election since the Nixon/Kennedy race in '60. I actually watched the Biden/Palin debate, and frankly while they both had some mistakes, I finally was able to see Palin as actually being human, if horribly misguided, and thing Joe did a great job. Even if he did call Bosnians "Bosniacs" when he was talking about the plight of BOSNIANS (Joe, take notes okay? BOSNIANS, NOT Boniacs) and how his administration might see that.

Palin's big stinker of the night? Falling back on religion when talking about the plight of teachers right here in the US. They don't want to hear that they're gonna be rewarded in heaven, they want some hope the government of the us is going to get it's collective head out of it's but and start taking education SERIOUSLY for a change.

So, while I see Palin as human now, and not the devil incarnate, I'm still not going to vote for her. Her suit designer maybe, that suit was just awesome, but her and John "I think offshore drilling idea is a good thing because of fishing" McLainbrain? Not a snowballs chance in a hot plate. My brother's still thinking of keeping the Rapeublican's in office so they get blamed for the second depression, but I just don't want to take that chance. I lived through the first depression, I'd like to skip the next one, or maybe not have it happen at all?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why do you put up an entire post that includes a criticism of a person on point of fact without even bothering to actually check that fact beforehand. It makes you look not only ignorant, but pretty stupid too.

Bosniaks are Bosnian Muslims, as opposed to Bosnian Serbs and Bosnian Croats.

So take notes, ok?. It's BOSNIAKS.

Samantha Shanti said...

Well first, let me say thank you for pointing this out, second at least 50% of the population of the planet are, how shall I say, less than stellar examples of humanity? I have no way to prove it, but I'd be willing to bet money I don't even have that I'm NOT the only one who had that reaction. So in this case, I'll assert that Joe was being too smart for his own good, how about that? He could have just SAID Bosnian Muslims eh? I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention however, thank you.

Sam

SarasNavel said...

Hi, Sam!

I'm afraid I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. At the risk of (gasp!) less sound bites and winks and more debate focus on issues and abilities, I'd rather our VP be able to call foreign dignitaries by their preferred ethnicity, especially when it is ethnic differences that are causing the strife in the region. It shows a depth of knowledge in foreign affairs. I guess I'm just tired of Cowboy Diplomacy, it hasn't worked out too good for us.

Samantha Shanti said...

It's okay to disagree, we're all adults. Frankly though, I misspoke in some ways. I absolutely agree he should know that difference, and is keeping up to date with things. Unlike some other people who won't meet with Spain for some odd reasons...

I was just more concerned about the whole opportunity for people to get lost and misunderstand what he was saying. To be honest, I had no idea they were called that myself, so it came off wrong. Don't dazzle me with brilliance, it makes me wonder what you're up to sometimes.

So yeah, I don't want the people in Washington to be idiots, but I want to know they care about all people regardless of what they are called, or who calls them that. Does that make any sense? So yeah, I agree with you...

I too am tired of Cowboy everything, so yeah, knowing what's going on is good.