Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Oh so very, very Shiny!

Okay, I'll be honest here. Took my friends a bit of work to convince me to watch "Firefly" in the first place. Now that I finally have, I'm so hooked. Regrettably like all other serialized anythings I've ever really enjoyed they canceled it. Before I even knew it existed it. You see this, they canceled it well ahead of schedule because they knew I'd like it, love it even.

Damn Alliance PIGS!

I just spent the last three or so days watching the DVDs, and now I eagerly await the chance to watch the movie "Serenity" as it is the last of the show around.

Good bye Captain Tightpants, Zoe, Wash, Inara, Shepard Book, Simon and River Tam, Jayne, Kaylee and of course Serenity herself. Amazing and gifted cast, wonderful writing, award winning special effects, though to be honest I'm not a special effects whore. Well truth be told I'm not, through no fault of my own, any kind of whore, but given the opportunity I'd so totally be a "Companion." The show, wow, I simply cannot do it justice in anything I say here.

But I can try, and hope come close. I've been a Star Trek fan since the pilot aired a lifetime ago. Serious Trek fan! So serious I'm writing this on my PADD write now. Watched every episode bunches of times, can quote dialog from some of the more memorable episodes, and I admit to being a huge fan. Now however it is just so 24th century! Seriously, I still love it, but it stands with some other amazing and memorable company like;

Stargate SG1 ("Quote dialog you say?" "That would be a cliche and you know, well YOU know how I feel about those!") [Now canceled with a handful of episodes to go to finish the tenth season out]

Stargate Atlantis (Which I so thought was going to fail, and now, now I'm hooked on that too!)

Battlestar Galactica (The new one, which I love so much more than the original, and I swore that could NEVER happen)

Farscape (They canceled THAT too!!!)

and now;

Firefly. If you have not seen it, oh do yourself a favor and see it. Right now! But down the cortex connection, goto your local video store and rent it right now! Go! Hey! You there, on the other side of the screen, forget reading this, go get Firefly!

No comments: