Saturday, December 10, 2005

A piece from October that I find myself thinking of . . .

. . . today. I wrote this "A piece from my 2005 diary" back in October and for some reason it is weighing heavy on my heart and mind right now. Quite possibly due to the fact that today is a cold, but sunny winter saturday, just the sort of day Earl and I would put to good use.

If he were alive, and still part of my life, we'd get ourselves together and go out driving, explore a small town. Wander through new housing developments looking at houses being built. Even wander around inside new houses while they were still under construction. We'd do some shopping, some cleaning, some laundry and nothing really pressing or difficult. Wouldn't need great amounts of money, just time and an interest having fun together.

That was then, this is now. Here I sit in Jersey, my roommate next to me, laptops madly clicking away as she works on making more lists, and I try to keep from losing what's left of my mind . . .

No comments: