Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Yeah, I could get used to this and other musings.

So sleeping with the new meds is like one of the best Christmas presents I've ever had. I have more energy during the day, am up at reasonable hours, and can actually get things done that otherwise I'd not have managed. Today I took a look at my credit report, now that I actually have one, and found two items on it that didn't make any sense. I started making calls to find out what the story was or is. Kinda cool that. Better still is I actually have a credit history now, and it pleases me that I'm actually listed in the GOOD range. Never had that before really, because in the years before Earl (BE) I never had credit on purpose, and in the Earl years he made an unholy mess of things because I was never allowed to have anything to do with money. Because he and his parents were stalking me, I had to start over, quite literally, and in these days if you don't have credit you don't exist and pay more for stupid things like car insurance. So I've been working on actively managing my history so to speak. So there's that.

On an even better note in talking to both my sister and sister-in-law yesterday after my post they once again expressed interest in learning how to meditate but never having been able to "get it" which only left them frustrated. Over the years I've tried more than once to teach both of them and never had any success. Not because my skills as a teacher suck, but because they weren't in a time and place of real readiness to learn. So yesterday they once again asked, and having had some recent successes with a new method of teaching it, I worked with them again.

Miracle of miracles they finally get it! My sister-in-law was stunned at how it made her feel and swore she was going to start using that to manage her stress. My sister, you doesn't tend to have really big reactions to anything said "Wow, you've done something no-one else has ever been able to do, taught me to meditate in a way that makes sense, that I can do, and actually works." For her, this was a rave.

In other news as I was sitting at my desk getting things done I was a watching some Squirrels playing in the trees outside my window. At one point I almost grabbed my camera because the sunset playing on the trees and their fur made for some great images. I'm kinda glad my eye is starting to wake up, it's been a while since I've been taking any serious pictures.

I'm actually feeling pretty good for a change, so this is a really good day.

2 comments:

Véro B said...

It's wonderful that you're now getting good sleep, or at least better sleep. It's so important to just about everything. Some people like to claim they can get by on very little sleep, but they're burning the candle at both ends, and eventually there's no candle. Hope this pattern continues for you!

Samantha Shanti said...

Amen to that girl! Amen indeed! It's taken me a terribly long time to learn the lesson about candles, but I'm glad I have. I too hope this pattern continues. We'll see what happens!

And an official Happy New Year's Eve to you! Honestly I'm still grappling with the idea that the year is pretty much over. May 2009 be better for everyone, everywhere!