Monday, May 26, 2008

I'll be living on the air in...

...the home of WKRP.

Just got a call today I never in my life thought I'd be so happy to hear. I didn't actually pick up the phone, so voicemail caught it for me. The rental agent called to let me know my appplication for an apartment was approved!

So now, I just have to get my ducks in a row and get the heck out of here.

I'm thrilled, I'm going to finally have a place of my own. No one else to be underfoot, screwing with my life, burning my money, not allowing me to eat what I want, when I eat. I'll be able to keep the place clean without fear of being screamed at, garbage won't be piling up, and I will have complete control over my own kitchen and fridge!

May sound strange but what I'm most going to enjoy is keeping fruits and vegetables in the house, making salads when ever I want, and not needing to worry about being poisoned. Not in the literal sense, but from a standpoint of the simple fact that where I've been living is a toxic waste superfund site. But now, I'll be able to have something I've so missed. Nice, simple, clean salad, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, stir fried tofo and a balsamic vinegrett dressing...

No one to bug me, control me, torture me, take advantage of my nature and use it against me. For the first time in a dozen years I'll be living by myself, Mistress of my own domain. I won't have to live in constant terror of someone not doing their part, and me having to suffer because of it. I'll get to pay my bills on time and not live in fear of something being turned off, or being thrown out of a place because of other people's problems.

I'll have floor space to do yoga on!

It's going to be good. For the first time in a dozen years I'm not going to be held hostage, having to live in constant fear. It's going to be amazing. I'll be able to focus on healing, resting, growing and having a more active role in my own health.

I'm sure I'll be talking more about it as time goes on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sam! This is great news. I hope that you'll be very happy in your new space. Looking forward to more on this.