Friday, December 08, 2006

Getting to bed earlier and other tidbits. . .

If you've been here before, you'll probably notice the change to the template. Yup, changed it! Long since overdue kind of change too! This is brighter, a bit more welcoming, and for it's cool affect, feels warmer to me. This also gives me a layout of simplicity that I'll be able to change out the image for one of my own.

Had a bit of a craving for something apple, cobbler, pie, strudel, whatever. So I just ran over to Albertsons and picked up a nice piece of strudel, came back here, poured myself and ice cold glass of fat free milk, and had a piece of yummy strudel. Once upon a time I'd have had more than a glass of milk, several in fact, and ate the whole thing. Not anymore!

I've accomplished more the last several months than I thought I'd be able to. I've put the last of my ghosts to rest, finally finished starting my life over, and have managed to get all the paperwork to catch up with me. I drove out here in a car that was "mine" in that it is the same one Earl and "I" bought new in '99 but it wasn't in my name, it was in his. Same with Driver's License and Insurance. Nothing illegal, but it still FELT weird and just off.

When I drive back across the country to spend the holidays with family, nothing out of sorts, everything exactly correct and legal. Old what's his name and Earl will finally really be the past, and this place I know and love is once again mine to treasure. The last week has been good, and while driving around Denver I'm not being confronted by the ghosts of the past as much. I've made Denver mine again, home once again to my heart and soul, perhaps more so than ever before. The mountains, sky, and air once again embrace me, welcome me, hold me close without smothering me.

She was born in the summer of her 27th year,
coming home to a place she'd never been before.
She left yesterday behind her , you might say she was born again,
you might say she's found a key to every door.
("Rocky Mountain High," John Denver)


Profound, but true. I moved out here all those long years ago on the promise of meeting "HER" and while I opened some wrong doors between now and then, I did find HER, I found ME!

It's now 23:59 and I'm going to do something utterly nuts for me. I'm going to take my pills and hit the sack. If I'm lucky I'll be asleep before one am, which for me will be a minor miracle. Good night all! My the ghosts of all my yesteryears sleep in peace for once . . .

No comments: