Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm Transsexual and I'm Proud!

I'm Transsexual and I'm Proud!
So I'm really finding myself in an interesting position. I'm fond of rules and regulations within certain limitations, but never thought I'd find myself so at odds with things that I'd really see the point. Okay so I'm babbling, here is were I am;The standards of care say that I have to be ready to check out before I'd continue life as I have for 34 years. I've been on my journey for some time now, and until recently I had not considered things to be so bad a great change would be required. Now on however I cannot see why I should or need to continue such a rediculous sharade.I've been doing so much reading, following journey, trials, tribulations and victories of Sisters, and have come to reconsider much of my thinking. Yes, there is unquestionably work in front of me regardless of where and how I take my life, but there is no reason I should cave and take a path of continued suffering and unhappiness.I'm honored to find myself in the company of some of the most amazing women in the world. Women who in spite of outrageous odds and presures have struggled to bring thier dreams to reality. Women who represent the true beauty, grace and very essence of what it means to BE a woman. Women who have showed me, by sharing thier journeys with me, that the light at the end of the tunnel can be whatever you make of it.So in the spirit in which it was intended I "stand" before all assembled and proclaim:

Dr. Becky, you are an amazing woman and you stand next to many others I've come to consider Sisters. In http://www.drbecky.com/sayitloud.html Dr. Becky uses some wonderful images to bring home a subtle but amazing point. I have spent 34 years that I can directly recall living a lie that was, is, making my life a huge mess. Why in the name of God and Goddess would I want to step into living another, different lie? Why would I want to invest so much time, effort, energy and my life into fixing one lie only to then burry myself in another.
More to follow of course, for the moment however I'm pleased to report I'm laying down plans for transition and will one day reach a level of completness I have only dreamt of till now. I am a Woman, and one day such will be plainly obvious to anyone who looks at me. I will also still be a transsexual Woman. Someone who has invested in her own life in so significant fashion as to be beyond reproach. Humanity can learn from us, people can learn from us, after all we learn from each other.
I owe lovely Women both known and less known a huge debt of gratitude, my very life even for helping me find the strength and temerity to hold my head up and shout out:

No comments: