Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cheeburger, Cheebruger, Coke no Pepsi...

...or it would seem in this case, none of the above.

Mind you, taking a brief trip in the wayback machine I should point out, that at one time in my life, I'd go through a couple of gallons of coke every day. As in, I'd get up in the morning and have a 64 ounce "big gulp" with breakfast. Between breakfast and lunch I'd knock off another 64 ouncer, with lunch another or two, and then atleast two more before bed. Full on, unleaded in quantities that stagered most people. Cheeseburgers and fries were a mainstay in my diet...

In '99 I cut out the caffeine and switched to decalf coke, in '01 I switched to diet, and then in '04 I stopped drinking soda pretty much fulltime. I've also cut most beef and related stuff out of my life, 99% of dairy and having big payoffs health wise from it. On a whim yeterday I ate out, which these days usually consists of going to Subway and having a nice, healthy sandwich there. I drink either water or juice when I do, but yesterday they had no juice of anykind. I was feeling wild and figured what the heck, it's been years, I'll have a coke and a smile.

I smiled for sure, after I nearly did a spit take all over my sandwich. It tasted terrible, I mean really foul to me... Sugar, Caffeine, and well just yuk... I got some water and threw a perfectly good coke away, because I hated the way it tasted.

...still hard to believe I used to drink that by the Gallon.

Somethings DO change dramatically over time...

No comments: