Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Which despite the current turmoil in my life, and the upheaval, it was! Unlike Christmas, which I spent alone, New Years was spent having fun with friends and family.

Nothing extravagent or outrageous, just a nice dinner, then watching some DVD's until it was time for the ball to drop. About the only really bad part of new years was the unfortunate vistage of what's left of Dick Clark. I feel for him, I do. I know how much strokes and other medical issues can take from people, but did he really, really HAVE to be seen on TV that way?

Dick Clark was this ageless, timeless, prince of a man once upon a time. He never seemed to age, didn't lose his energy or vitality, from the first time I saw him on "American Bandstand" on, he was always amazing. Yes, I remember "American Bandstand" and I know that can make me soom old too, but hey, it's life you know? Anyway, I choose to remember the Dick Clark BEFORE his stroke, and I hope to god he retires gracefully and enjoys the time he has left. One of these days he's going to join Bob Hope and Bing Crosby on the great stage in the summerland.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my New Year's except maybe for Dick. I hope you all did too! Oh, yeah, and hey, pinch me, is it really 2008 now? What happened to 2007?

No comments: