Friday, January 25, 2008

Walking in winter...

Hard for me to believe, but I'm in the mall, walking laps! Had some dinner at Tony's pizza, took a tranquilizer, and came over to the mall. Once many years ago I'd come here to walk laps because each trip around was a mile. I know, I measured it to be sure. So far tonight I've managed two full laps. I'm on my third lap not and decided to rest a few moments.

The difference of course is several years of therapy, chemicals, and a mp3 player full of albums to take my mind off where I am I'm listenting to Neil Diamond's "Glory Road" at the moment, a two CD set full of his best stuff. When that's done I have a random playlist of Alannis Morisset's "The Collection" and the Chris Issac's "Best Of Chris Issac" to keep me distracted. It's helping keep me from freaking out from the noise and people.

When you figure that Friday nights are typically the busiest, I'm doing okay...

No comments: